Feb 8, 2009

NEW FACE OF ODDMALAYA


After a while, when I saw my blog lately I thought of one thing. My blog template was not suitable for my music-type blog and not the exactly what I want. When I mention here not suitable, that did not meant that the template was bad, but I actually had a space problem. I want to create a music-blog that really nice-looking to public viewers, has specific links that related to the related interest of viewers.
And after a while thinking, I was then inspires by one person that I had met on Blogcatalog (I don't want to mention the name), and discovered a really simple, awesome 3 column blog. In fact, I had posted the discussion on Blogcatalog to survey how the opinions of the professional one (pro-bloggers) on this topic (because I'm newbie on blogging). Many replied had been make by many of pro-bloggers there and there were many different thought on this topic, "2 column or 3 column". At the first, I was really hard to make the decision because from what I know (from what I read on Internet), if you were already used 2 column template that Blogger had provided to you then changed it to 3 column template, all the widgets that you put-on before will be gone.
I hate when my widgets gone and usually I forgot where to put it back or the site that provided that widget. If you were had been on my site before, there was a Technorati's button on my sidebar, and then it was gone when I changed the template. Dammit! I remember this one (Technorati) so I went to it on mission to get back that button, but I failed. I dunno whether Technorati did not provided that button anymore. It was a frustated moment because I really like that button (as decoration on my blog).. :p Although with all the problems, I still changed my blog to 3 column because I think, when we not try it, we'll never found the right one. Then, this is my new face of Oddmalaya! Hope my visitors will like it.

P/s : Thanks for all that had supported Oddmalaya. The viewers, and my beloved friends on Blogcatalog that had teach me many valuable thing on blogging. This part of my story I called it 'The Learning'. :)

5 comments:

  1. I also frequently change the template. From 2 column to 3 column. But I have not felt comfortable. So I return to the 2 column template.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, cool blog!

    I think 2 columns is the way to go, check out my blog if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, you are a music man, i guess, malaysia one too. my favourite local bands are, Uncle Hussien, Spider, Love me booch

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, I have founded my technorati's button!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. your template looks just like mine =D

    ReplyDelete